Language selection


Prepare tax returns for someone who died

When someone dies, their legal representative must file a final T1 Income Tax and Benefit Return, called the Final Return, to report the deceased person’s property, investments and other taxable income, and can file other optional T1 returns if the person who died had eligible income.

A T3 Trust Income Tax and Information Return (T3 Return) might also need to be filed for the estate of the person who died.

The legal representative may be able to claim deductions and credits in these returns to reduce amounts that the person who died or their estate might owe.

Page details

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Date modified: