Deductions from your pay


If you are employed and you make deductible support payments, you can ask the Canada Revenue Agency to allow the reduction of the amount of income tax that your employer is deducting from your pay.

To do so, send Form T1213, Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at Source.

If you qualify, you can take our letter of authority to your employer to adjust the tax deducted from your pay.


If you are employed and you receive taxable support payments, you may want to increase the amount of tax that is deducted from your pay.

To increase tax deducted from your pay, fill out Form TD1, 2024 Personal Tax Credits Return, and give it to your employer.

Forms and publications

Page details

Date modified: