Line 25500 - Northern residents deductions
Note: Line 25500 was line 255 before tax year 2019.
There are 2 northern residents deductions:
- a residency deduction (Step 2 of Form T2222) for having lived in a prescribed zone
- a deduction for travel benefits (Step 3 of Form T2222) you received from employment in a prescribed zone that was included in your income
- Do you qualify for the northern residents deductions?
- How to calculate the residency deduction
- Can you claim the deduction for travel benefits?
- How much can you claim as a deduction for travel benefits?
- Completing your tax return
- Places located in prescribed zones
- Meal and vehicle rates used to calculate travel expenses
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: