Withdrawing from your own RRSPs

You can withdraw amounts from your RRSP before it starts to pay you a retirement income. If your spouse or common-law partner contributed to your RRSP, see Withdrawing from spousal or common-law partner RRSPs.

You can withdraw unused contributions you made to an RRSP based on an approved Form T3012A, Tax Deduction Waiver on the Refund of Your Unused RRSP, PRPP, or SPP Contributions from your RRSP. If you transferred the unused contributions to your RRIF, see Withdrawing unused RRSP contributions.

See Receiving income from an RRSP if you received other types of income from your RRSPs, your spouse's RRSPs or your common-law partner's RRSPs.

Filling out your Income Tax and Benefit Return

  • report your RRSP income on line 12900 of your Income Tax and Benefit Return for the year the RRSPs are withdrawn
  • claim the tax deducted from box 30 of your T4RSP slip on line 43700 of your Income Tax and Benefit Return
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: