Canada-Norway Tax Convention – Agreement between Competent Authorities regarding Article 10 (Dividends)
As provided in paragraph 3, of Article 10 (Dividends) of the Canada-Norway Tax Convention, Competent Authorities of Canada and Norway have agreed that:
1. Paragraph 3 of Article 10 of the Convention will apply to exempt dividends from source taxation where the dividends are received by a Contracting State or a political subdivision or local authority thereof, or to any wholly-owned agency or instrumentality of that State, political subdivision or local authority provided that the State, political subdivision, local authority, wholly-owned agency or instrumentality:
- owns less than 25 per cent of the payer of the dividends, and
- the funds invested result from the performance of functions of a governmental nature.
2. For the purposes of this agreement, paragraph 3 of Article 10 shall apply to:
- in the case of Norway to:
- the Central Bank of Norway (Norges Bank);
- the Government Pension Fund - Global (Statens Pensjonsfond - Utland);
- the municipality of Bærum (Bærum Kommune); and
- in the case of Canada to:
- the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board; and
- the Canada Pension Plan.
3. It is understood that this agreement shall apply to dividends paid beginning January 1, 2010.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: