Foreign reporting

To help support Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has extended the filing deadline of income tax returns along with foreign reporting information returns. For more information, go to CRA and COVID-19: Changes to taxes and benefits.

The term "foreign reporting" refers to CRA forms and information returns relating to controlled and not controlled foreign affiliates, distributions from and indebtedness to non-resident trusts, contributions to non-resident trusts, arrangements or entities, and foreign income verification.

These pages explain the reporting obligations of individuals, corporations, trusts, and partnerships.

You'll also find information about the penalties that may be applied to improperly filed forms or information returns.

Important Notices

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: