Register a supplementary unemployment benefit plan - How to apply

From Canada Revenue Agency

3. How to apply

Registration application documents

When you apply to register a SUBP with the CRA, there is no registration form to complete. Instead we require the following information:

Plan rules or terms

The plan text must specify the following:

Contributions and the maximum funding level have to be reasonable for the number of eligible employees, their salary levels, and the benefit provisions of the plan.

Send your application

Currently, the CRA only accepts supplementary unemployment benefit plan applications by mail.

Send us your application package with all required supporting documents to:

Due to a building refit spanning multiple years, the Registered Plans Directorate’s mailing address has been temporarily changed. Please use the following address for all correspondence until further notice:

Registered Plans Directorate
Canada Revenue Agency
2215 Gladwin Cres
Ottawa ON  K1B 4K9

Page details

Date modified: