Do you qualify

Do you qualify

The information below should be used as a guideline. We encourage you to apply for benefits as soon as possible and let us determine if you’re eligible.

You need to demonstrate that:

*As an example, 420 hours are equivalent to 12 weeks of work at 35 hours a week.

If you’re not a family member

If you’re not a family member, either the person needing care or support or their legal representative must complete an attestation form to confirm that they consider you to be like family. For a child, the parent or legal guardian must sign the form to confirm.

If the person you’re caring for lives outside Canada

If you leave Canada to provide care or support to a person who is critically ill or injured or needing end-of-life care, you may still be eligible to receive these benefits. You must submit an application and supporting documents with the same type of proof that is required for someone living in Canada.

The medical certificate for the person who is critically ill or injured or needing end-of-life care should be completed by a medical doctor or nurse practitioner in the country where they’re receiving care.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: