EI regular benefits: What these benefits offer

What these benefits offer

End of temporary changes

Starting September 25, 2022, the temporary changes to the Employment Insurance (EI) program to help Canadians access benefits during COVID-19 will no longer be in effect. To learn how these changes affect EI regular benefits, visit EI regular benefits: Do you qualify and EI regular benefits: How much you could receive.

From: Employment and Social Development Canada

Employment Insurance (EI) provides regular benefits to individuals who lose their jobs through no fault of their own (for example, due to shortage of work, or seasonal or mass lay-offs) and are available for and able to work, but can't find a job.

Always apply for EI benefits as soon as you stop working. You can apply for benefits even if you have not yet received your record of employment. If you delay filing your claim for benefits for more than four weeks after your last day of work, you may lose benefits.

Related links

Contact us

Page feedback
Did you find what you were looking for?

If not, tell us why below:

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.

Thank you for your feedback.

Date modified: