Apply to be a Canadian Armed Forces musician
If you are a Canadian citizen with professional music skills we encourage you to join the Music Branch of the Canadian Armed Forces.
You can apply for:
- a full time position in the Regular Force
- a part-time position in the Primary Reserve Force
If you are already enrolled in the Canadian Armed Forces, inform your chain of command before applying.
Full–time Regular Force positions
We process applications for each instrument only when you see it "open"on this list of open Music Branch positions.
Applying for a full-time position in the Regular Force part of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Music Branch is a 3-phase process:
- Phase I Submit an audio recording and supporting documents
- Phase II Live audition
- Phase III Join the Canadian Armed Forces
Part–time Reserve Force positionsApply to be Reserve Force musician
If you are already enrolled in the Canadian Armed Forces
Inform your chain of command that you intend to apply for a Regular Force musician position. Then submit a Phase I audition recording.
If you are selected to participate in a Phase II “Live Audition”, your home unit will take care of:
- the component transfer (CT), if you are now a Reserve Force musician
- the occupational transfer (OT), if you are now a CAF military personnel, but not enrolled as a musician
This includes your travel arrangements and travel claim to attend the audition competition.
Questions about auditions
All CAF Music Branch audition questions should be directed to the DHH - Music:
Questions about recruitment
For more information about joining the Canadian Armed forces and learning about the military component of the Music branch, questions can be directed to the recruitment department.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: