Pricing carbon pollution for clean growth
Canada is now a world leader in the fight against climate change. We are taking action to reduce carbon pollution, spark innovation and create jobs. Pricing carbon pollution is broadly recognized as one of the most effective, transparent, and efficient policy approaches to reduce emissions. The vast majority of Canadians already live in a province with carbon pricing.
The Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change outlined a benchmark for pricing carbon pollution by 2018. The goal of this benchmark is to ensure that carbon pricing applies to a broad set of emission sources throughout Canada with increasing stringency over time to reduce GHG emissions at lowest cost to business and consumers and to support innovation and clean growth.
- Guidance on carbon pollution pricing benchmark
- Supplemental benchmark guidance
- Technical backgrounder: update on the output-based pricing system
- Ministers’ letter to provinces and territories on next steps in pricing carbon pollution
- Pricing carbon pollution for clean growth
- Technical paper: federal carbon pricing backstop
- Regulatory framework for the output-based pricing system
- Estimated impacts of the Federal Carbon Pollution Pricing System
- Compliance options under the federal output-based pricing system
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: