Compensation for federal workers

Through the Government Employees Compensation Act (GECA), the Government of Canada may provides workers’ compensation benefits to federal employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their work. The Federal Workers’ Compensation Service (FWCS) of Employment and Social Development Canada partners with provincial workers' compensation boards to deliver these benefits.

Federal employers work with the FWCS and provincial workers’ compensation boards to:

  • process claims, and
  • support the safe and timely return to work

Related links

Treasury Board Guidelines and Directives:


Contact us

Federal Workers’ Compensation Service
Page feedback
Did you find what you were looking for?

If not, tell us why below:

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.

Thank you for your feedback.

Page details

Date modified: