Greening Government Fund
The Greening Government Fund has been established as part of the Government of Canada’s response to climate change. This initiative will:
- promote and share innovative approaches to reducing greenhouse gases (GHGs)
- provide funding to certain federal government departments and agencies to reduce GHG emissions in their operations
The fund will officially start in the 2019 to 2020 fiscal year.
The objective of the Greening Government Fund is to support and share the results of projects that:
- are projected to reduce GHG emissions in federal operations
- test or implement innovative approaches that have the potential to contribute to knowledge
- can be reproduced within or across departments
- pursue solutions in areas where GHGs are difficult to reduce
Funding for the program is coming from departments and agencies that generate more than 1 kilotonne of GHGs per year from air travel. Only departments and agencies that contribute to the fund are eligible to access it.
Calls for proposals will be issued in December, and successful projects will be announced in the spring of each year. Innovative projects that result from this fund will be showcased on this page.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: