Pension and Insurance Benefits Statement
Before 2017, employees were provided with an annual Pension and Insurance Benefits Statement (statement) providing personal information about entitlements and options. The Government of Canada has not recently issued these statements due to Phoenix pay system issues.
Statements will again be issued once pay data issues are resolved. Pension and insurance benefit eligibility and entitlements are not affected by the statement cancellation.
Alternate pension and insurance benefit information resources:
Until statements can be issued, employees can access pension and benefit information from the following sources:
- Government of Canada Pension Centre: Plan members should contact the Pension Centre if:
- They are retiring within six months and need a pension estimate;
- They are leaving the public service and need a pension estimate;
- They are experiencing a relationship breakdown and are dividing their pension;
- They need information about a service buyback.
- Compensation Web Applications: Plan members who have access to the Compensation Web Applications can use tools to estimate their pension entitlements using real-time data. Plan members can also refer to their last accurate statement issued.
- Basic Pension Calculator: Plan members who cannot access the Compensation Web Applications can use the online Basic Pension Calculator. This easy-to-use tool provides estimates of pension entitlements using information a plan member inputs directly into the calculator.
- Public Service Pay Centre or departmental compensation office: Plan members can contact either their departmental compensation office or the Pay Centre for insurance benefits information.
- Canada.ca/pension-benefits: Plan members can access general plan, registration, coverage and eligibility information about the public service pension plan and insurance benefit plans on this website.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: