Contracting Policy Notice 2017-6 Trade Agreements: Thresholds Update
Contracting Policy Notice: 2017-6
To: Functional Heads, Finance and Administration of all Departments and Agencies
Subject: Update of thresholds for the Free Trade Agreements
The thresholds in effect from to for procurements subject to Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) to which the federal government is a Party are set out below.
(Departments and Agencies)
|Crown Corporations /
Table 1 Notes
|Chiletable note 1||106,000||106,000||9,100,000||530,000||530,000||16,900,000|
|Colombiatable note 1||106,000||106,000||9,100,000||530,000||530,000||16,900,000|
|European Union||237,700||237,700||9,100,000||Section A
|Ukrainetable note 1||237,700||237,700||9,100,000||649,100||649,100||9,100,000|
Every two years, the thresholds in the free trade agreements are updated. This Notice amends the thresholds in Contracting Policy Notice 2015-3 to provide new thresholds, which are expressed in Canadian dollars. All thresholds are for the period to .
Notices of Intended Procurement, also referred to as Tender Notices, must be published for procurements subject to the free trade agreements. Departments, agencies and some Crown corporations must publish through the Government Electronic Tendering Service (GETS) provided by Public Services and Procurement Canada via the Tenders page on the Buyandsell.gc.ca web site.
- The trade agreements to which this Contracting Policy Notice pertains have been hyperlinked in the table above.
- Canadian International Trade Tribunal Procurement Inquiry Regulations
- Treasury Board Contracting Policy
- For matters of content with respect to government procurement obligations contained in any of the international trade agreements, please contact Global Affairs Canada:
1-800-267-8376 (toll-free in Canada)
613-944-4000 (in the National Capital Region and outside Canada)
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, or you have a speech impediment and use a text telephone, you can access the TTY service from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time by calling 613-944-9136 (in Canada only).
Enquiries Service (BCI)
Global Affairs Canada
125 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A 0G2
- For information with respect to the CFTA, please contact the Internal Trade Secretariat:
#101 – 605 Des Meurons Street
Winnipeg, MB R2H 2R1
- For information with respect to the TB Contracting Policy, please contact TBS Public Enquiries.
Assistant Comptroller General, Acquired Services and Assets Sector
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: