Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
During these challenging times, ACOA remains committed to serving our clients. As the COVID 19 situation evolves, ACOA account managers are reaching out to clients to ensure that they have up-to-date information on the status of projects and applications, and to answer any questions they may have.
Due to a high volume of requests, clients may experience challenges in communicating quickly with their account manager. If you are unable to connect with your account manager, please send an email to following address: ACOA.information.APECA@canada.ca. Rest assured that an ACOA official will connect with you to address your enquiry within 48 hours.
Deferral on payments due to the government
The Government of Canada has announced that all Regional Development Agencies, including ACOA, will apply a deferral of three months on all payments due to the government, as of April 1, 2020. This moratorium will defer payments and related interest charges to relieve some of the pressure your business may be facing. Your ACOA account managers will work with you to formalize these deferrals into an amended repayment schedule in the coming months to give you more certainty with respect to your payment obligations.
We are with you as we navigate together through this exceptional situation.
If you are a tourism operator or a small- or medium-sized business or organization and have received RDA funding and COVID-19 is affecting your operations, you are encouraged to contact your local RDA office. Your local RDA office can review your situation and provide guidance.
- You may be eligible to receive additional funding and/or flexible arrangements.
- Further support will be determined on a case-by-case basis as the situation evolves.
If you are a tourism operator or a small- or medium-sized business or organization impacted by the sudden shifts in the economy and need pressing assistance, the RDAs could assist you with:
- Access to federal funding to help you stay in business.
- Advice and pathfinding services to other federal programs and services available.
We are taking action
The Government of Canada is taking action to support tourism and other businesses and workers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. You can take advantage of new investments and initiatives such as:
- Enhancements to the Work-Sharing program to help support employers and their workers who are experiencing a downturn in business due to COVID-19.
- Waiving the mandatory one-week waiting period for Employment Insurance sickness benefits.
- Income support for those who are not eligible for Employment Insurance sickness benefits is also being explored.
For more information on additional government support available to your business and workers, please contact Service Canada at 1-800-OCanada (1-800-622-6232).
Visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website for the latest information: Canada.ca/coronavirus
Canada’s Regional Development Agencies
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD)
Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency (CanNor)
Canadian Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: