Canadian Seafood Stabilization Fund (CSSF)
CSSF fund now fully committed
As of February 28, 2021, ACOA has fully committed its CSSF allocation. Eligible applicants can still submit an application before March 31, 2021; however, no decisions regarding those applications will be provided unless supplemental CSSF funding is allocated to ACOA.
$42.7 million for Atlantic Canadian fish and seafood processors
Fish and seafood processors can now get help with COVID-19 related costs incurred after March 15, 2020. The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) is delivering the CSSF to the Atlantic provinces
Who can apply to the CSSF
- businesses in the fish and seafood processing sector
- non-profit organizations that support the sector
- be a business in Atlantic Canada;
- be a licensed or registered processor of wild capture or aquaculture products;
- be a viable business before the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- have adequate health and safety measures in place to protect employees.
- be a not-for-profit organization that supports the fish and seafood processing industry in Atlantic Canada.
The CSSF supports the following types of activities:
- Increase storage capacity – Find storage solutions for live, frozen and/or processed products. Storage may be:
- temporary or permanent
- domestic or international
- Plant operations – Invest in new equipment, materials or services to:
- protect workers
- adapt plant operations, products or packaging
- increase efficiency and productivity
- Market responsiveness – Meet new market demands:
- respond to new consumer needs
- find new markets
- deliver to new markets
- If you are unsure that the CSSF is right for you, speak with an ACOA program officer;
- Fill out the CSSF application form online;
- Send us your application form:
- ACOA clients: contact your program officer.
- All other businesses and organizations: call 1-800-561-7862 or send an email to ACOA.information.APECA@acoa-apeca.gc.ca.
If you are not in Atlantic Canada, contact the regional development agency in your region. They will help you find the support that is right for you. You can also visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
Frequently asked questions
When can I apply for CSSF funding?
As of February 28, 2021, ACOA has fully committed its CSSF allocation. Eligible applicants can still submit an application before March 31, 2021; however, no decisions regarding those applications will be provided unless supplemental CSSF funding is allocated to ACOA. If you are still in need of financial assistance to manage the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, please consult the Government of Canada’s other available funding or reach out to ACOA to discuss your situation.
What is the deadline for eligible expenses?
All eligible costs are retroactive to and including the date of March 15, 2020, and must be incurred by March 31, 2021.
When will I receive ACOA funding under the CSSF?
ACOA will review applications for funding on a first-come, first-served basis. We will assess the eligibility of each funding request. If your application is approved, you will receive an offer of approved funds. Payments can begin after you accept the offer.
Please reach out to ACOA for more details on the assessment and payment process.
Will I have to repay the CSSF support I get from ACOA?
Most support under the CSSF is repayable, except for non-revenue generating costs, including for reusable equipment associated with worker safety and support provided to not-for-profit organizations.
The repayment schedule and conditions will be explained in your contribution agreement. Please reach out to ACOA for specific questions on repayable and non-repayable support.
What is the maximum amount I can get through the CSSF?
The amount of money you can receive under the CSSF depends on your situation. Please consult with an ACOA program officer to discuss your particular needs.
Are there any restrictions on how I can use CSSF funds?
You can only use the funds from the CSSF to pay for eligible costs as described in your contribution agreement. Eligible costs will be determined on a case-by-case basis, which you can discuss with your ACOA program officer.
Contact us today!
Ready for your next move?
If so, the ACOA Business Information Services can help you. We’ll connect you to the right people and programs to help you achieve your goals. Our service is personal, bilingual and free. Call us at 1-888-576-4444 and get started today!
Or contact us by email:
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Atlantic time)
Past recipients of the Canadian Seafood Stabilization Fund can be found on the Open Government Portal. You can search contributions by using the keyword ”CSSF” in the search field.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: