Atlantic Innovation Fund
New products and services are key to a strong economy. They can lead to market success, help key sectors grow, and build research and commercial partnerships.
Through the AIF, the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) supports businesses, co-operatives, colleges, universities, and research institutions so they can:
- create and market new products and services that meet demands and global quality standards
- adapt new technology to meet business needs or respond to market opportunities
We also help Atlantic Canadians seize opportunities, overcome challenges, stay competitive, and grow new and traditional sectors.
To qualify for AIF funding, a project must be large-scale and must include an R&D element with a strong possibility for commercialization. Refer to ACOA's R&D project plan for help.
Who can apply
Recipients eligible for AIF funding include:
- private-sector businesses
- colleges, universities and other post-secondary institutions
- non-government research organizations
- provincial Crown corporations
How to apply
If you’re ready to apply, follow these easy steps:
- Step one: Complete a Project Concept Template and submit it to the ACOA office nearest you. We will contact you to confirm receipt and to discuss your project.
- Step two: Once you have discussed your project with us, complete and submit the Application for financial assistance.
Contact us today!
We’re here to help! ACOA Business Information Services can give you all the details you need on this and other programs. Please call us at 1-888-576-4444.
Or contact us by email:
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (Atlantic time)
Grants and Contributions Awarded
You can find past recipients of this program on the Open Government Portal site. Enter ”AIF” or “Atlantic Innovation Fund” in the search field for a list of past contributions.
Business impact stories
It was the turn of the millennium, and Mark Kennedy and Chad House of Celtx were itching to introduce a disruptive technology that would reshape an industry. It didn't take long to find a home for their energy and expertise.
The Big Five sports leagues know a winner when they see one – and they all see one in Kinduct Technologies, the human performance data and analytics software company.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: