Exhibition Circulation Fund — Museums Assistance Program
The Exhibition Circulation Fund component of the Museums Assistance Program (MAP) assists museums with the costs related to the hosting of travelling exhibitions originating from another museum or from a federal heritage institution and the borrowing of artefacts from any of the National museums of Canada.
Who can apply
Applicants must be:
- Incorporated, non-profit Canadian museumsFootnote 1 who meet the criteria of 1 of the following categories:
- Applicants for hosting a travelling exhibition must:
- provide services to the public year-round;
- employ the equivalent of one full-time, paid professional staff; and
- have policies for key museum functions.
- Applicants for borrowing artefacts must:
- have policies for key museum functions; and
- have a loan agreement or a letter of intent with one of the National museums of Canada.
- Indigenous governing bodies or organizations with a mandate to preserve and support Indigenous heritage.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- review the Application Guidelines – Exhibition Circulation Fund;
- contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage to discuss their project;
- create or access a Canadian Heritage funding Portal account and apply online
Should you be unable to access the Portal or apply online for any reason, please contact our support team.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and can be submitted at any time during the year.
For further information, please contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Museums Assistance Program
25 Eddy Street, 9th Floor (25-9-N)
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines – Exhibition Circulation Fund
- Forms – Exhibition Circulation Fund
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support - Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
- Museums Assistance Program
- Digital Access to Heritage – Museums Assistance Program
- Access to Heritage — Museums Assistance Program
- Indigenous Heritage — Museums Assistance Program
- Collections Management — Museums Assistance Program
- Canada-France Agreement — Museums Assistance Program
- Evaluation of the Museums Assistance Program 2013-14 to 2017-18
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: