Exhibition Circulation Fund — Museums Assistance Program
The Museums Assistance Program (MAP) – Exhibition Circulation Fund component assists museums with the costs related to the hosting of travelling exhibitions originating from another museum or from a federal heritage institution and the borrowing of artefacts from any of the National museums of Canada.
Who can apply
Eligible applicants for the Exhibition Circulation Fund component of the MAP must be incorporated, non-profit Canadian museums* who meet the criteria of ONE of the following categories:
- Eligible applicants for hosting a travelling exhibition must:
- provide services to the public year-round;
- employ the equivalent of one full-time, paid professional staff; and
- have policies for key museum functions.
- Eligible applicants for borrowing artefacts must:
- have policies for key museum functions; and
- have a loan agreement or a letter of intent with one of the National museums of Canada.
*Eligible museums that are governed by provincial/municipal government or by academic or cultural institutions can apply to MAP, as long as their principal mandate is linked to heritage. They must also have distinct objectives, programs and budgets related to heritage. Federal departments, Crown corporations and agencies are not eligible for MAP funding.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- review the Museums Assistance Program – Guidelines for 2020-2021;
- contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage to discuss their project and request an application package;
- complete and submit an application package.
The MAP's Exhibition Circulation Fund accepts applications on an ongoing basis.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Museums Assistance Program
25 Eddy Street, 9th Floor (25-9-N)
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: