Collections Management — Museums Assistance Program
Status: The application period is open and closes December 22, 2021.
The Collections Management component of the Museums Assistance Program (MAP) provides funding for projects to improve knowledge, skills and practices related to key museum functions.
Who can apply
Applicants must meet the criteria in one of three categories:
- Museums associations and incorporated non-profit Canadian service organizations whose membership relates to the museum sector which:
- provide services to the public year-round;
- employ the equivalent of one full-time paid professional staff;
- have a current three to five-year strategic/business plan.
- Incorporated non-profit Canadian museums* which:
- Provide services to the public year-round;
- Employ the equivalent of one full-time paid professional staff;
- Have policies for key museum functions; and
- Have a current three to five-year strategic/business plan.
*Incorporated non-profit Canadian museum applicants that are governed by provincial or municipal levels of government or by academic or cultural institutions are eligible if their principal mandate is linked to heritage. They must also have distinct objectives, programs and budgets related to heritage. Federal departments, Crown corporations and agencies are not eligible for funding under this component.
- Indigenous governing bodies or organizations with a mandate to preserve and support Indigenous heritage.
How to apply
- review the Guidelines for 2022-2023 funding;
- contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage to discuss their project
- complete an application through the Canadian Heritage Funding Portal .
December 22, 2021, at 5 p.m. EST
For further information, please contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Canadian Heritage.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Museums Assistance Program
25 Eddy Street, 9th Floor (25-9-N)
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: