Stream Two — Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities
COVID-19 and support measures for the culture, heritage and sport sectors
Learn about the immediate action the Government of Canada is taking to provide support measures and financial relief for the culture, heritage and sport sectors.
Stream Two of the Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities (SSDIC) component of the Sport Support Program funds Indigenous governments, Indigenous communities and other not-for-profit Indigenous and non-Indigenous delivery organizations to deliver sport for social development projects in Indigenous communities in Canada.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must:
- be an Indigenous government, Indigenous community or other not-for-profit Indigenous or non-Indigenous* delivery organization collaborating with an Indigenous organization(s);
- have organizational financial statements for the past fiscal year, where applicable;
- be undertaking projects in/for Indigenous communities that create opportunities to participate in sport and target one or more of the identified social development outcomes; and
- have a letter of support from the leadership of the beneficiary Indigenous community.
*Note: Up to 25% of the Stream Two funding will be available for non-Indigenous delivery organizations.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines in their entirety; and
- send an email to the Sport Support Program – SSDIC component to request an application form.
You are required to submit your application package by email in the fillable PDF format (no scans). Should you be unable to do so, please contact the Sport Support Program – SSDIC component by email.
October 16, 2020
Department of Canadian Heritage
Sport Support Program — Sport Canada
15 Eddy Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
To speak to a representative of the Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities program component, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate a phone number at which you can be reached. A representative will contact you within the Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs.
If you are unable to send emails, you can call at 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free number) and leave a contact number with the Call Centre Agent. A representative of the SSDIC Unit will contact you within the Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs.
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines — Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support — Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: