Stream Two — Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities
Stream Two of the Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities (SSDIC) component of the Sport Support Program (SSP) funds Indigenous governments, communities and other not-for-profit Indigenous organizations, as well as non-Indigenous not-for-profit delivery organizations in authentic partnership with an Indigenous organization(s) to deliver sport for social development projects in Indigenous communities in Canada.
$3.6 million is available annually to provide opportunities for Indigenous people to participate in meaningful sport activities that support one or more of the Stream Two social development goals. Drawn from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) Calls to Action, the Stream Two social development goals focus on:
- improved health, education, and employability
- the reduction of at-risk behaviour
Who can apply
To be eligible1Footnote 1 for 2023-2024 funding, your organization must:
- be an Indigenous government, community, not-for-profit Indigenous or a non-IndigenousFootnote 2 delivery organization in authentic partnership with an Indigenous organization(s)
- be undertaking projects in/for Indigenous communities that create opportunities to participate in sport and target one or more of the identified social development goals
- have a letter of support from the leadership of the Indigenous communities involved, if applicable
- have organizational financial statements for the past fiscal year, where applicable
The application intake deadline is January 17, 2023, 11:59 pm local time.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- read the Application Guidelines in their entirety
- email us for the application package
- meet all eligibility requirements and submit a complete application form before the deadline
You are required to submit your application package by email in the fillable PDF format (no scans). Should you be unable to do so, please contact the Sport Support Program — SSDIC component by email.
View the list of projects funded by the Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities component (input “SSDIC” in the search query).
We would love to hear from you! The best way to reach us is by email.
- Sport Support Program
Department of Canadian Heritage
15 Eddy St
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
To speak to a representative of the SSDIC program component, please send an email to email@example.com and indicate a phone number at which you can be reached. A representative will contact you within the Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs.
If you are unable to send emails, you can call at 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free number) and leave a contact number with the Call Centre Agent. A representative of the SSDIC Unit will contact you within the Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs.
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Guides and help
- Application Guidelines — Sport for Social Development in Indigenous Communities (Stream Two)
- Guide on the public acknowledgement of financial support — Canadian Heritage
- Service standards for Canadian Heritage funding programs
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: