National Sport Organization — Sport Support Program
The National Sport Organization component of the Sport Support Program funds eligible organizations for programming that supports the development of Canadian athletes and coaches.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be a national sport organization that has met the eligibility requirements of the Sport Funding and Accountability Framework (SFAF).
In the case of priorities specifically outlined in Budget announcements or other Sport Canada priorities, your organization must:
- be a federally or provincially incorporated not-for-profit organization, with a sport mandate;
- have independently audited and board-approved financial statements for the past fiscal year; and
- be undertaking a national initiative, a pilot leading to a national initiative or a component of a national program.
How to apply
To apply for funding, you are required to:
- review the Application Guidelines to ensure you meet all eligibility requirements before completing your application; and
- contact us to obtain the General Application Form (Annex 1), which must be completed and submitted with the following supporting documents:
- Project Detail Form (Annex 2) - You must use your SFAF mainstream and athletes with a disability funding reference levels when completing this form;
- Above-Core Application Form (Annex 3), if applicable - You must discuss Above-Reference requests with us prior to completing Annex 3;
- Core Planning Form (Annex 6);
- National Team Coach Planning Form (Annex 7);
- Accountability Performance Measures Report for 2018-19 (Annex 8);
- Projected Revenues and Expenses Budget; and
- Your organization's operational plan.
Contact usDepartment of Canadian Heritage
Sport Support Program
15 Eddy Street
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Analysts are available to help and answer your questions Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: