National Sport Organization — Sport Support Program
The National Sport Organization component of the Sport Support Program funds eligible organizations for programming that supports the development of the Canadian sport system.
Who can apply
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be a national sport organization that has met the eligibility requirements of the Sport Funding Framework (SFF).
In the case of priorities specifically outlined in Budget announcements or other Sport Canada priorities, your organization must:
- be a federally or provincially incorporated not-for-profit organization, with a sport mandate;
- have independently audited and board-approved financial statements for the past fiscal year; and
- be undertaking a national initiative, a pilot leading to a national initiative or a component of a national program.
How to apply New Process
In order to apply for eligibility, applicants are required to complete a two-step process:
- Create a Canadian Heritage Funding Portal account and complete the online eligibility application.
- Contact us to obtain a Data Intake form, which must be completed and submitted prior to the deadline. You may be required to provide supplemental information, including but not limited to:
- Governance Structure
- Competition Structure
- Sports Rules
- Officiating Program
- Membership Statistics
- Gender Equity Statistics
Being deemed eligible does not guarantee financial support.
Should you be unable to access the new system or apply online for any reason, please contact our support team. Please consider the time required to request, obtain, complete, and submit your application before the deadline.
Eligibility: The deadline to submit the online application, the completed Data Intake form and the supporting documentation is September 15, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
Funding: The contribution application period for the 2023-2024 to 2025-2026 for Summer sports and 2023-2024 to 2026-2027 for Winter sports will be announced at a later date.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Sport Support Program
15 Eddy Street
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Analysts are available to help and answer your questions Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: