What can IDEaS accomplish?
“The IDEaS Program will provide unique opportunities for Canadians to put forward their best solutions on defence and security challenges, and will help put those solutions into the hands of the women and men of the Canadian Armed Forces. This investment will support the growth and expansion of Canada’s innovation community for the next 20 years.”
– Harjit S. Sajjan, April 9, 2018
In the short term: Steer more external innovator expertise toward DND/CAF challenges.
- Engage with external innovators across Canada.
- Ensure that DND/CAF innovation challenges provide good development opportunities.
- Streamline the submission/review process where possible.
In the medium term: Mature relationships/partnerships among innovators and improve the quality of solutions.
- Demonstrate that Canadian innovators have become actively engaged in solving defence and security challenges.
- Incentivize partnerships and multi-disciplinary solutions.
- Demonstrate that innovator-generated knowledge is being transferred to, and used by, the defence and security community.
In the long term: Demonstrate increased defence capabilities and increased economic benefits to Canada.
- Support the growth of the Canadian defence and security innovation community.
- Encourage defence and security communities to adopt innovator-generated solutions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: