Home modifications move benefit

From: National Defence

If you become ill or injured as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, and need to move while modifications or renovations are being made to your house, you may be reimbursed for any additional living and moving expenses.

Who is eligible

You may be eligible if you meet all of the following requiremements: 

What you need before you start

To confirm your eligiblity and make a request for reimbursement, contact your local transition centre.

Contact us for help

To get more information, visit your local transition centre or contact the Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group by:


  • Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
  • National Capital Region: 613-995-1457
  • Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
  • TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877

Contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidental. 



Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: