Home modifications move benefit
From: National Defence
If you become ill or injured as a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, and need to move while modifications or renovations are being made to your house, you may be reimbursed for any additional living and moving expenses.
Who is eligible
You may be eligible if you meet all of the following requiremements:
- you’re entitled to home modifications benefit
- you were entitled to medical care at public expense at the time of the injury or diagnosis of illness
- you’re not already receiving reimbursements for relocation expenses under Compensation and Benefits Instructions Chapter 208 Section 8 (Relocation expenses) or Section 9 (Canadian Forces Integrated Relocation Program)
What you need before you start
To confirm your eligiblity and make a request for reimbursement, contact your local transition centre.
Contact us for help
To get more information, visit your local transition centre or contact the Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group by:
- Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
- National Capital Region: 613-995-1457
- Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
- TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877
Contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidental.
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: