National AccessAbility Week – May 29 to June 4, 2022
Join us from May 29 to June 4, 2022 for National AccessAbility Week (NAAW) to:
- celebrate the valuable contributions and leadership of Canadians with disabilities
- highlight the work of individuals, organizations and communities who are removing barriers
- reflect on our ongoing efforts to become a better, more accessible, more disability inclusive Canada
This year the theme for National AccessAbility Week is “Inclusive from the start”.
Imagine a Canada where no one is left out. A Canada that does not just accommodate disability, but one that is disability inclusive from the start. That is the Canada we are creating – for everyone.
Canadian Congress on Disability Inclusion
Starting this year on May 26 and 27, the Canadian Congress on Disability Inclusion (CCDI 2022) will open National AccessAbility Week.
This virtual, interactive and accessible event is free and open to all Canadians. It will bring together:
- persons with disabilities
- disability organizations
- public and private sector organizations
- thought leaders
They will share insights and help shape accessible and inclusive communities and workplaces across Canada.
The Congress will feature:
- next-level networking to exchange ideas and build partnerships
- an Innovation Showcase to highlight leading edge accessible and inclusive innovative projects, products and services
- a Career Fair for persons with disabilities, featuring some of Canada’s most diverse and inclusive employers
Follow #InclusiveFromTheStart and #NAAW2022 on social media for more updates throughout the Congress and National AccessAbility Week.
Message from the Minister
Minister Qualtrough launches the National Accessability Week 2022
Services and information
Making an accessible Canada for persons with disabilities
Find out how communities, workplaces and services can contribute to a Canada without barriers where everyone can participate fully.
Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefit
A taxable benefit that individuals may be eligible for if they are unable to work because of a disability.
Registered Disability Savings Plan
A savings plan to help participants save for the long-term financial security of a person who is eligible for the disability tax credit.
Enabling Accessibility Fund
Supports community-based projects across Canada aimed at improving accessibility and safety in communities and workplaces.
Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities
Contributes to projects that help persons with disabilities find jobs in Canada.
Social Development Partnerships Program - Disability
Supports activities from social not-for-profit organizations that help persons with disabilities to participate in all aspects of Canadian society.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: