Departmental Results Report 2016–2017
Official title: Employment and Social Development Canada 2016–2017 Departmental Results Report
ESDC 2016-2017 Departmental Results Report [PDF - 1.31 MB]
Request other formats online or call 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232). If you use a teletypewriter (TTY), call 1-800-926-9105. Large print, braille, audio cassette, audio CD, e-text diskette, e-text CD and DAISY are available on demand.
About this Departmental Results Report
This Departmental Results Report provides key information on what Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) accomplished in the previous fiscal year and how the Department contributed to the Government’s agenda.
- In the Organizational priorities section, short descriptions of the key initiatives we pursued in fiscal year 2016 to 2017 are listed under the Strategic Directions and Priorities that they support. More details on these initiatives can be found in the section of the document identified in the right-hand column.
- In the section Raison d’être, mandate and role, we provide details on the numbers of clients we served and our key service achievements in fiscal year 2016 to 2017.
- The trends and factors affecting our work and our ability to deliver on our commitments are discussed in the Operating context and key risks sections.
- Throughout the section on Results you will find highlight boxes that provide information on cross-cutting initiatives affecting a range of different programs, and innovative and experimental projects that support our commitment to better support and serve Canadians.
- We provide an overview of budgetary expenditures and human resources in the section on Analysis of trends in spending and human resources.
- Supporting information on results and financial and human resources relating to ESDC’s lower-level programsFootnote 1 is available on the Departmental website and InfoBaseFootnote 2.
- The following supplementary information tables are available on ESDC’s website:
- Details on transfer payment programs of $5 million or moreFootnote 3
- Horizontal initiativesFootnote 4
- Departmental sustainable development strategyFootnote 5
- Response to parliamentary committees and external auditsFootnote 6
- Status report on projects operating with specific Treasury Board approvalFootnote 7
- Status report on transformational and major crown projectsFootnote 8
- User fees, regulatory charges and external feesFootnote 9
- Internal audits and evaluationsFootnote 10
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: