User Requirements for the Record of Employment on the Web (ROE Web) - Overview
- 1. Overview
- 2. General requirements
- 3. Functional requirements
- 4. System requirements
- 5. Appendix A - ROE Online Data Entry
- 6. Appendix B - Technical Specifications
- 7. Appendix C - Import XML file format
- 8. Appendix D - ROE payroll extract file transfer – XML Ver. 2.0
- 9. Appendix E - ROE payroll extract file transfer - XML file layout and edit – Fishing ROE Version 1.0
1. System overview
If you are currently using ROE Web and require additional information on the technical specifications of the program, you can call the Employer Contact Center (ECC) at 1 800 367-5693 (TTY: 1-855-881-9874).
The Record of Employment (ROE) is a three-part interleaved carbon form completed by Canadian employers when there is an interruption in earnings or when Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) requests that an ROE be issued. Changes to the Employment Insurance legislation in 1997 resulted in an increase in the number of ROEs that must be issued, since part time workers are now covered from the first hour worked. Employers are faced with an increased paper burden that requires the use of obsolete technologies or manual effort to comply.
This document outlines an Internet based solution which uses a secure method for the entry of Records of Employment from the Internet.
Guides and help
- Employer Guide — Automated Earnings Reporting System (AERS)
- Guide for the Supplemental Unemployment Benefit (SUB) program
- How to complete the Record of Employment (ROE) form
- Supplement to the guide “How to complete the Record of Employment (ROE) form” for all school boards
- The EI Premium Reduction Program – A guide for employers offering short-term disability plans to their employees
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: