Prevention of Harassment and Violence in the Workplace | Online Consultation on Proposed Regulations
Current status: Closed
This consultation is now closed.
We thank everyone who participated in the survey and submitted feedback to help prevent harassment and violence in the workplace. In the coming months, the Government of Canada will release the results of what we heard during the consultation.
What this consultation focused on
The Government wanted to know what Canadians think about the proposed regulatory framework that supports Bill C-65, which aims to prevent and respond to all incidents of harassment and violence in federally regulated workplaces, and to support those who have experienced it.
The proposed regulations will enhance protections for employees by outlining elements to prevent incidents, to respond adequately when they do occur, and to support those who have been affected by an incident. The regulations will be based on the following principles:
- Change the workplace culture to one where harassment and violence are not tolerated
- Emphasize the importance of prevention
- Develop an employee-driven resolution process
- Acknowledge the continuum of behaviours that qualify as harassment and violence
- Prioritize privacy and confidentiality
- Create predictable timeframes for resolution
What we heard
- Minister's message
- Proposed regulatory framework: Harassment and violence
- Canadians invited to have their say on proposed regulations against harassment and violence in the workplace | News Release
- Government of Canada takes strong action against harassment and sexual violence at work | News Release
- Harassment and Sexual Violence What We Heard Report | News Release
- Harassment and Sexual Violence What We Heard Report
Interested media can contact media relations.
Questions about this consultation? Send them to EDSC.TRA.PHV-HVP.LAB.ESDC@labour-travail.gc.ca
Privacy notice statement
Please read our privacy notice statement for consultation and engagement activities.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: