Apply for the Apprenticeship Incentive Grant for Women: More information
How the AIG-W affects Employment Insurance benefits
You may receive Employment Insurance (EI) benefits as an apprentice if you:
- have worked between 420 and 700 hours; and
- meet all of the eligibility requirements to make a claim.
The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant for Women is not considered earnings from employment. It does not affect your EI benefits. You do not need to include these grants in your EI reports.
The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant is taxable.
You will get a T4A slip in the mail the year after you receive payment. Quebec residents get a Relevé 1 tax slip.
- update your contact information
- ask for your T4A/Relevé 1, if you don’t have it in time to file your taxes
How family support debts affect your grant
Under the Family Orders and Agreements Enforcement Assistance Act (FOAEAA), we can redirect all or part of your grant money to a third party if you owe family support payments.
- Provincial and Territorial Family Maintenance Enforcement Programs
- Call the Automated Information System:
- Toll-free: 1-800-267-7777
- TTY: 1-800-267-7676
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: