Canadian Benefit for Parents of Young Victims of Crime: Apply

From: Employment and Social Development Canada

You can apply online using the online application or by mail using the following forms:

Once your application is complete, if more information is required a Government of Canada representative will contact you. If you prefer someone else to talk with a representative on your behalf, you will need to complete the Consent to Release Personal Information form.

Required documents

Application form: Can be completed online using the online application. You can also call Service Canada to have a paper application form mailed to you, or print it yourself. Once completed, mail it to Service Canada (address below).

Employment form: This form must be:

  • printed
  • completed, and
  • signed by the employer you are currently working for, or you worked for in the 52 weeks before the incident occurred

If you have more than 1 employer, you do not need to submit an employment form for each one, as long as you can demonstrate you have earned at least $6,500. If you are self-employed, you must complete and sign an Employment Form and submit your Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment from the previous income tax year.

Incident report form: This form must be printed, completed and stamped by the law enforcement agency where the incident was reported.

If more than 1 person applies

If more than 1 person applies and is eligible for the benefit, the maximum 35 weeks available will be shared between the applicants. Service Canada will inform you in writing if the number of weeks of benefit you requested changes because of another eligible applicant.

Each applicant must complete a separate application form and submit their own employment form and incident report form.

Applicants should indicate on their application form how many weeks of payment they wish to receive. Service Canada will determine the division of weeks using a sharing mechanism if:

  • applicants do not tell Service Canada how many weeks of payment they wish to receive, or
  • if they do not agree on how to share weeks

For example, when there are 2 eligible recipients:

  • if more than 18 weeks have been paid to the first recipient, the remaining weeks will be paid to the second recipient, or divided amongst later recipients. The first recipient will stop receiving benefit payments
  • if fewer than 18 weeks have been paid to the first recipient, the first recipient will continue to receive benefit payments to week 18. The remaining 17 weeks will be paid to the second recipient, or be divided amongst later recipients

Send the original signed employment form(s) and incident report form to:

Canadian Benefit for Parents of Young Victims of Crime Processing Centre
PO Box 8232 STN T
Ottawa ON  K1G 3H7

Your application will be processed once Service Canada receives your completed:

  • application form
  • employment form(s), and
  • incident report form

Service Canada may contact your employer or the law enforcement agency to confirm or request an update of the information provided.

For more information, contact 1800 O-Canada.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: