Roster of technical experts: candidate profile form
Environment and Climate Change Canada is seeking individuals who would like to be considered for placement on a Roster of Technical Experts. Technical experts will be selected from the Roster of Technical Experts to support federal offset protocol development.
Interested parties are invited to submit a completed candidate profile outlining their relevant knowledge and expertise, as well as an updated CV and a completed consent form for the collection of personal information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must provide concrete examples that clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience requirements.
Information in this form will be used, disclosed and retained in accordance with the conditions listed in the Personal Information Bank Outreach Activities PSU 938, as outlined in Appendix I.
I. Contact information
Primary phone number:
Questions marked with an asterisk* are optional.
II. Education and training
Please provide a summary of your post-secondary education/training
- Post-secondary education:
(Please identify education or courses that are relevant to offset protocol development.)
(Please identify any training taken or given relevant to offset protocol development.)
- Professional Affiliations:
(Please identify any designations or certifications held, as well as membership in a professional body or association.)
III. Area of expertise
For each role listed below that applies, please indicate if you have significant work experience (>3 years) and provide a brief explanation of how you are qualified to represent this perspective within a Technical Expert Team (TET) based on your current or previous work experience.
- GHG Offset Project Proponent: Yes/No
- GHG Offset Protocol Developer: Yes/No
- GHG Validator/Verifier: Yes/No
- GHG Quantification, Monitoring & Reporting Specialist: Yes/No
- Industry Consultant: Yes/No
- Government (Technical Specialist): Yes/No
- Academia and/or Research: Yes/No
- Other (please specify): Yes/No
IV. Sector specific experience
For the sectors listed below that apply, please provide specific examples of how your expertise was developed and/or applied. Please only provide examples for sectors in which you have gained significant experience (>3 years) based on your current or previous work experience.
- Crop production:
- Land-use, land-use change and forestry:
- Waste treatment and disposal:
- Industrial processes and product use:
- Other project types (please specify):
V. Additional suitability questions
- Please summarize your primary technical skills and/or experiences and how they are relevant to participation on a Technical Expert Team.
- Please indicate any previous experience participating in committees, boards or other working groups with multiple perspectives.
- Please highlight any protocol development experience or other carbon policy review processes.
- Please indicate the province, territory or other jurisdiction where you had acquired your expertise/experience.
Annex I - Additional information
Privacy Act Notice
All personal information created, held or collected by Environment and Climate Change Canada is protected under the Privacy Act. The personal information you provide is being collected in accordance with the Public Outreach (PSU 938) Standard Personal Information Bank and will be used to establish and administer a Roster of Technical Experts.
Any questions or comments regarding this privacy notice or the administration of the Privacy Act at Environment and Climate Change Canada may be directed to Environment and Climate Change Canada’s Access to Information and Privacy Division.
If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling their information centre at 1-800-282-1376 or by visiting their contact page.
If after reading this statement, you prefer not to submit your candidate form via email, you may send it by mail to:
Director General, Carbon Markets Bureau
Environment and Climate Change Canada
Place Vincent-Massey, 21st floor
351 Boulevard Saint-Joseph
Gatineau QC K1A 0H3
Roster of Technical Experts
Environment and Climate Change Canada may take steps to confirm or validate the information in this form. Individuals will be notified once the review of their candidate profile is complete.
Updates to qualifications, changes to contact information, or requests for removal from the Roster of Technical Experts can be made at any time by emailing email@example.com
Technical Expert Teams
Federal offset protocols are critical components of the proposed Federal GHG Offset System as they set out a consistent approach for quantifying GHG emissions reductions or removals for specific project types, outline eligible project activities and establish clear rules for establishing baseline and project scenarios.
The development of federal offset protocols will require input from external technical experts with offset project experience and sector-specific expertise. As appropriate, Environment and Climate Change Canada will establish Technical Expert Teams to provide technical input to protocols under development.
Additional information of note
- Inclusion on the Roster of Technical Experts does not guarantee participation on a Technical Expert Team. Team members will be selected by Environment and Climate Change Canada based on the specific technical needs for each offset protocol under development, in addition to taking other factors into consideration such as regional representation and the need to ensure timely development of protocols.
- If selected, participation on a Technical Expert Team is strictly voluntary, and no remuneration will be provided to team members. No travel is expected as all meetings will be conducted by phone or video conference.
- The time commitment required will vary depending on the development approach for each protocol (i.e. whether to adapt existing protocols or components of protocols or develop “from scratch”). An estimate of the required time commitment will be communicated to team members selected for a Technical Expert Team. Team members may be removed from the Technical Expert Team if they are not able to provide technical advice and input in a timely manner due to time constraints.
- Prior to providing technical advice and input to the protocol development process, team members will need to agree to the Terms of Reference established for the protocol under development, sign a non-disclosure agreement and disclose any financial interests related to project activities that may be included in the protocol to be developed. Team members must also provide confirmation that their employer approves of their participation on a Technical Expert Team. In addition, they must agree they will not use any information gathered as a member of the Technical Expert Team for their personal financial gain.
- Input received by Environment and Climate Change Canada from the Technical Expert Team will be limited to scientific or technical advice as it relates to quantification methodology, offset project implementation and verification requirements.
- Environment and Climate Change Canada retains all decision making authority regarding the development of federal offset protocols
- Protocol development documentation, such as protocol scoping documents and draft protocols, will include the names of the Technical Expert Team members as contributors.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: