Synthetic rubber manufacturing sector: pollution prevention planning notice
Published June 9, 2012, the Notice outlines the requirements to prepare and implement pollution prevention (P2) plans.
- Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, June 9, 2012; Vol. 146, No. 23, Supplement)
Does this Notice apply to you?
This Notice applies to owners or operators of facilities in the synthetic rubber manufacturing sector that, at any time, purchase, import or use greater than 100 kg of isoprene per year and are involved in the activities specified in the Notice.
What you need to do
Prepare a P2 plan
You must prepare a P2 plan by June 9, 2013.
Implement a P2 plan
You must implement a P2 plan by June 9, 2016.
You must complete and submit reports to Environment and Climate Change Canada.
- To report or for a Notification of non-engagement form, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instructions for Completing the Schedules are available from Environment and Climate Change Canada upon request
- Request for time extension granted by Environment and Climate Change Canada
|Type of reports||Deadline|
|Schedule 1: Declaration of Preparation||July 9, 2013|
|Schedule 5: Declaration of Implementation||July 9, 2016 (time extension granted to December 31, 2018)|
P2 notice toolkit
- Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, January 1, 2011; Vol. 145, No. 1, Supplement)
- Response to stakeholders' comments: Proposed Notice
- Working Document
- Response to stakeholders' comments: Working Document
- Final Screening Assessment Report
- Risk management approach
Contact Environment and Climate Change Canada
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this notice, please contact:
Chemical Production Division
For inquiries regarding reporting and P2 practices, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: