Losing your job

From: Financial Consumer Agency of Canada

Paying down debt while unemployed
Keep up with your debt payments, contact your creditors, get help, claim credit and loan insurance.

Understanding your severance pay
How much you may get, severance agreements, methods of payment, paying income tax.

Sources of income after job loss
Compensation from your employer, EI, savings, part-time jobs, life insurance.

Budgeting while unemployed
Review your budget, prioritize expenses, prepare if your job is at risk.

Taking a buyout offer
Buyout offers, buyout offers and your pension, early retirement.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: