Managing your money
Services and information
Tips to make and stick to a personal budget.
Create your budget and receive personalized tips to improve your finances.
Bank accounts, debit cards, online banking, deposit insurance, branch closures and more.
Debit, credit, cheques, prepaid cards, mobile payments and digital currency.
Why you may need insurance, making a claim, making a complaint and more.
Losing your job, living as a couple, buying a home, having children, getting divorced and more.
Making a will, planning your estate, powers of attorney and what to do following a death.
Your rights and responsibilities when dealing with financial institutions.
Improving your credit score, correcting errors, ordering your credit report and more.
Types of retirement income, saving for retirement, how much money you will need and managing your finances.
How to plan and set your financial goals if you receive a large amount of money.
What we are doing
- FCAC reminds regulated institutions to thoroughly investigate unauthorized credit and debit transactions
- Consumer Alert: Managing debt when interest rates rise
- FCAC report: Home equity lines of credit may put consumers at risk
- Consumer Alert: Be cautious when seeking help to pay off debt or repair your credit
- Managing Money and Planning for the Future: Key Findings from the 2014 Canadian Financial Capability Survey
- Banking fees in Canada: Patterns and Trends
- International Review: Mobile Payments and Consumer Protection
- The role of financial literacy in financial decisions and retirement preparedness among seniors and near-seniors
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: