Services and information
Tips to make and stick to a personal budget.
Find out where your money is going and determine how much you can put towards your goals.
Bank accounts, debit cards, online banking, deposit insurance, branch closures and more.
Debit, credit, cheques, prepaid cards, mobile payments and digital currency.
Why you may need insurance, making a claim, making a complaint and more.
Losing your job, living as a couple, buying a home, having children, getting divorced and more.
Making a will, planning your estate, powers of attorney and what to do following a death.
Your rights and responsibilities when dealing with financial institutions.
Improving your credit score, correcting errors, ordering your credit report and more.
Types of retirement income, saving for retirement, how much money you will need and managing your finances.
What we are doing
- New members and mandate for National Steering Committee on Financial Literacy
- Remarks by Lucie Tedesco, Commissioner of the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada, at the Annual Industry Session 2017
- Consumer Alert: Banks must obtain consent before issuing credit cards
- Remarks by Jane Rooney, Financial Literacy Leader, at the Conference Board of Canada
- Managing Money and Planning for the Future: Key Findings from the 2014 Canadian Financial Capability Survey
- Banking fees in Canada: Patterns and Trends
- International Review: Mobile Payments and Consumer Protection
- The role of financial literacy in financial decisions and retirement preparedness among seniors and near-seniors
Tools and calculators
Build your future with the right financial tools.
Plan for life's changing financial responsibilities and priorities so you can make responsible financial decisions and reach your goals.
The high costs of borrowing, what happens if you miss a payment and what to ask a payday lender.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: