Investment resources if you have a problem 

You may be considering investing money with a financial advisor or a firm. Know what your options are if you feel an advisor or firm isn’t respecting your rights.

Learn more about choosing a financial advisor.

There are many organizations you can contact if you have a problem with an investment.

The Canadian Investment Regulatory Organization (CIRO) may regulate your advisor or firm. CIRO is the national self-regulatory organization that oversees all investment dealers, mutual fund dealers and trading activity on Canada’s debt and equity marketplaces.

Find out how to file a complaint with the Canadian Investment Regulatory Organization.

The Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OSBI) is a national, trusted, independent dispute-resolution service for consumers. Its members are mainly banks, trust companies and securities dealers.

Find out how to file a complaint with OBSI.

In Canada, securities regulation is the responsibility of the provincial and territorial governments. Find out how they can help if you have a problem.

Here is a list of provincial and territorial securities regulators:

Related links

Page details

Date modified: