Centre for Regulatory Innovation: Who we are
The Centre for Regulatory Innovation works across the government to help regulators and the regulatory system keep pace with technological advances.
The Government announced the creation of the centre in the Fall Economic Statement 2018 to help improve the regulatory environment for businesses. The centre is part of the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat’s Regulatory Affairs Sector.
The centre supports federal regulators to:
- expand their knowledge of innovative approaches in a regulatory context
- increase their ability to explore innovative approaches to regulatory decision making, such as experimentation
- connect with and learn from regulators working on similar approaches or projects
- respond to regulatory challenges associated with technological change
- provide regulatory support and advice to industry innovators that are trying to bring applications of new and emerging technologies into the Canadian marketplace
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: