Marketed Health Products Directorate
The vision of the Marketed Health Products Directorate is to be a trusted, modern, internationally aligned scientific regulatory authority for health product vigilance in Canada.
The mission of the Marketed Health Products Directorate is to lead an evidence based health product vigilance program that is independent, transparent and delivered collaboratively.
The mandate of the Marketed Health Products Directorate is to lead an evidence-based vigilance program for health products in Canada. We accomplish this by using a risk-based approach to make regulatory decisions that are communicated in an open and transparent manner to help Canadians make informed decisions.
Activities of the Marketed Health Products Directorate (MHPD) include:
- monitoring and collecting adverse reaction and medication incident data;
- reviewing and analysing marketed health product safety data;
- conducting risk/benefit assessments of marketed health products;
- communicating product related risks to health care professionals and the public;
- overseeing the advertising regulatory requirements of health products; and
- providing policies to effectively regulate marketed health products.
Offices and Bureaux
MHPD is composed of the following areas:
- Director General's Office
- Bureau of Strategic Initiatives and Planning
- Marketed Biologicals, Biotechnology and Natural Health Products Bureau
- Marketed Health Products Safety and Effectiveness Information Bureau
- Marketed Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Bureau
- Therapeutic Effectiveness and Policy Bureau
Contact the Marketed Health Products Directorate
To receive more information about us and our programs, contact the Marketed Health Products Directorate (MHPD).
Our core hours of operations are: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: