Health Products and Food Branch
The Health Products and Food Branch (HPFB)'s mandate is to take an integrated approach to managing the health-related risks and benefits of health products and food by:
- minimizing health risk factors to Canadians while maximizing the safety provided by the regulatory system for health products and food; and,
- promoting conditions that enable Canadians to make healthy choices and providing information so that they can make informed decisions about their health.
Our Branch Fact Sheets provide a better understanding of HFPB activities.
Directorates and Offices
Health Products and Food Branch activities are carried out through offices in the National Capital Region and five regional offices: Atlantic, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba-Saskatchewan and Western.
- Biologics and Genetic Therapies Directorate
- Food Directorate
- Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate
- Marketed Health Products Directorate
- Natural and Non-prescription Health Products Directorate
- Office of Consumer and Public Involvement
- Office of Management and Program Services
- Office of Nutrition Policy and Promotion
- Office of Paediatric Initiatives
- Office of the Assistant Deputy Minister
- Policy, Planning and International Affairs Directorate
- Regional Operations
- Therapeutic Products Directorate
- Veterinary Drugs Directorate
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: