Consultation on guidance on personal production of cannabis for medical purposes
From Health Canada
Current status: Open
Opened on March 8, 2021 and will close to new input on May 7, 2021.
Health Canada invites Canadians to share their perspectives on the factors that may be considered for refusal or revocation of a registration on public health and public safety grounds. These factors are set out in the draft guidance on personal production of cannabis for medical purposes.
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas online
Use the online form.
Send us an email
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas or comments to make yourself heard.
Who is the focus of this consultation
We will engage with various groups across Canada including:
- All interested Canadians, including Indigenous Peoples
- Patients and patient associations
- Provincial, territorial, and local governments
- Cannabis industry licence holders and associations
- Law enforcement and first responders and associations
- Health care practitioners and health care practitioner regulatory bodies and associations
We welcome comments from any group or Canadian who may be interested in participating.
Key questions for discussion
The draft document provides guidance on the personal and designated production of cannabis for medical purposes. It also provides proposed factors that may be considered in refusing or revoking a registration. The following questions will be asked:
- Are the listed factors clear?
- Are there any additional factors that should also be considered?
- Do you have any comments on other elements of this document unrelated to the factors for consideration?
The input collected will be considered before publishing the final guidance document. Health Canada will post the results of this consultation online in a "What We Heard" report. We will also publish a final version of the guidance document.
Controlled Substances and Cannabis Branch
Address locator 0302B
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: