Consultation on proposals for the regulation of vaping products
Current status: Closed
The consultation ran from August 25, 2017 to October 27, 2017.
See the consultation summary report for a summary of the feedback received during the consultation period.
This consultation is seeking comments on potential measures to regulate vaping products.
The Government of Canada introduced Bill S-5 to the Senate on November 22, 2016. This proposed act will amend the Tobacco Act, Non- smokers' Health Act and other pertinent acts once adopted.
Based on this proposed act, Health Canada now wants to establish a first set of measures to regulate vaping products.
We are seeking comments from:
- the general public
- health professionals
- public health organizations
- vaping industry
The purpose of this consultation is to gather comments on the measures being considered to regulate vaping. These measures include:
- new packaging and labelling requirements for vaping products
- information reporting requirements for vaping products
- authorizing statements of relative health risk of vaping products
- advertising restrictions on vaping products
What we heard
- Proposals for the regulation of vaping products
- Questions and answers
- Vaping: Towards a Regulatory Framework for E-Cigarettes
- Bill S-5, an Act to amend the Tobacco Act, the Non-smokers' Health Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts
- Bill S-5 overview
Manager, Regulations Division
Tobacco Products Regulatory Office
Tobacco Control Directorate
AL 0301A Tunney's Pasture Drwy
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9
- Date modified: