Consultation on proposals for the regulation of vaping products
From Health Canada
Current status: The public consultation is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
This consultation is seeking comments on potential measures to regulate vaping products.
The Government of Canada introduced Bill S-5 to the Senate on November 22, 2016. This proposed act will amend the Tobacco Act, Non- smokers' Health Act and other pertinent acts once adopted.
Based on this proposed act, Health Canada now wants to establish a first set of measures to regulate vaping products.
We are seeking comments from:
- the general public
- health professionals
- public health organizations
- vaping industry
The purpose of this consultation is to gather comments on the measures being considered to regulate vaping. These measures include:
- new packaging and labelling requirements for vaping products
- information reporting requirements for vaping products
- authorizing statements of relative health risk of vaping products
- advertising restrictions on vaping products
When and where
The consultation will be available online between August 25, 2017 and October 27, 2017.
How to participate
The consultation document gives you information on the measures being considered.
You may submit your comments by:
- email, in electronic files such as:
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe Acrobat
We will review all comments received by October 27, 2017. A report on what we heard will be published online after the consultation.
- Vaping: Towards a Regulatory Framework for E-Cigarettes
- Bill S-5, an Act to amend the Tobacco Act, the Non-smokers' Health Act and to make consequential amendments to other Acts
Manager, Regulations Division
Tobacco Products Regulatory Office
Tobacco Control Directorate
AL 0301A Tunney's Pasture Drwy
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: