Consultation on Azoxystrobin and Its Associated End-use Products, Proposed Re-evaluation Decision PRVD2023-02
Notice to reader:
The online consultation is now closed.
Health Canada is consulting Canadians on the proposal to continue registration of azoxystrobin and associated end-use products registered for sale and use in Canada with label amendments including new risk mitigation measures.
Azoxystrobin is a fungicide registered for the control of various fungal diseases on a wide range of agricultural crops including, fruits, vegetables, specialty crops, greenhouse and outdoor ornamentals, turf and seed treatment.
To protect human health and the environment, the following risk-reduction measures are proposed:
- Rotational plant-back intervals
- Updated standard restricted-entry intervals, re-entry statements
- Updated re-treatment intervals for barley, rye and wheat.
- A prohibition of the use of handheld mist blower/airblast or handheld fogging equipment in greenhouse
- A prohibition of the use of the commercial products on residential turf sites
- Updated standard drift statement
- Increased or updated personal protective equipment
- A standard statement to seed treatment labels and seed tags to keep products out of reach of children and animals
- Updated environmental precautionary statements.
- New or updated spray buffer zones ranging from 0–20 meters for all uses.
Currently registered products containing azoxystrobin can be found in the Pesticide Product Information Database and in Appendix I of PRVD2023-02. Appendix II of PRVD2023-02 lists all uses for which azoxystrobin is presently registered.
For more information on the proposed decision open the "Proposed Re-evaluation Decision".
How to get involved
This consultation is open for comment from 15 June 2023 to 13 September 2023 (90 calendar days).
To comment on PRVD2023-02:
- Step 1
- Request the full consultation document to read the Science Evaluation that is the basis of this proposed regulatory decision.
- Step 2
- Submit comments to the PMRA Publications Section.
All comments received will be considered. A final re-evaluation decision will consider additional scientific information provided during the public comment period.
Please refer to the document title Proposed Re-evaluation Decision PRVD2023-02, Azoxystrobin and Its Associated End-use Products when providing comments.
Reporting to Canadians
Health Canada will make the results of this consultation available on this website. Once the decision is finalized, the PMRA will post a Re-evaluation Decision on the Pesticides and Pest Management Reports and Publications portion of Canada.ca.
- Date modified: