Industry Guide to the Glazed Ceramics and Glassware Regulations - Summary
From: Health Canada
This document provides information on the requirements under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA) and under the Glazed Ceramics and Glassware Regulations that apply to glazed ceramics and glassware manufactured, imported, advertised or sold in Canada.
In particular, the guide provides information regarding:
- products in scope of the Regulations
- maximum allowable migratable lead and migratable cadmium that can be released from products
- requirements for ornamental products
In addition to the product-specific requirements noted in this guide, it is prohibited to manufacture, import, advertise or sell any consumer product that is a “danger to human health or safety” as defined in the CCPSA (see paragraphs 7(a) and 8(a) of the Act).
Who this guide is for
- Glazed ceramics and glassware manufacturers, importers, distributors and retailers
- Other interested parties who are affected by the regulations
In this guide
- Exposure to Lead and Cadmium from Glazed Ceramic and Glassware Products
- Glazed Ceramics and Glassware Regulations
- Ornamental Glazed Ceramic and Glassware Products
- Design Features and Warnings
- Product Testing
- Appendix A: Definitions
- Appendix B: Information Resources
Details and history
For further information, contact a Health Canada Consumer Product Safety Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone at 1-866-662-0666 (toll-free within Canada and the United States).
- Date modified: