Food and nutrition international activities
Health Canada has a long history of cooperation with international counterparts and organizations. Our engagements have taken many forms ranging from informal information exchanges to multilateral harmonization initiatives.
We are involved internationally as a means of actively:
- Addressing the challenges of globalization and new technologies.
- Ensuring application of sound regulatory practices and standards which are consistent, whenever possible, with international norms.
- Leveraging resources and knowledge.
- Reducing risks associated with Canada's food supply.
- Strengthening and facilitating existing mutual cooperation with international jurisdictions in scientific and regulatory areas.
Strong relations and dialogue with international counterparts are also important in achieving program objectives in an increasingly complex regulatory world.
- International Activities across all of Health Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: