Committee on Health Workforce
The Committee on Health Workforce was formally known as the Advisory Committee on Health Delivery and Human Resources. This committee was established in 2002 by the Federal/Provincial/Territorial Conference of Deputy Ministers of Health.
On this page
The Committee on Health Workforce:
- provides a national forum to discuss strategy, share information and act on priority issues at the federal/provincial/territorial level
- provides policy and strategic advice to the Conference of Deputy Ministers on health workforce issues, including the planning, organization and delivery of health services
- responds to requests for advice from the Conference
- identifies emerging issues in the health workforceand health delivery
- develops recommendations for jurisdictions related to the committee's mandate
The Committee on Health Workforce is a standing committee that reports to the Conference of Deputy Ministers.
Membership consists of the federal and provincial co-chairs plus one senior-level delegate from each federal, provincial and territorial Ministry of Health.
The committee’s work is undertaken through a series of sub-committees, which report directly to the committee. Sub-committees include:
- Principal Nursing Advisor Task Force
- Internationally Educated Health Professional Sub-committee
- Innovation Working Group
- Retention and Mental Health of Health Human Resources Working Group
- Personal Support Workers Working Group
The Conference of Deputy Ministers approve the committee’s workplan and budget annually.
- Date modified: