Just for You - Parents
For a list of resources about your health and the surrounding environment, food safety and consumer product safety, consult the Consumer Information page.
Child abuse occurs when a parent, guardian or caregiver mistreats or neglects a child, resulting in injury, significant emotional or psychological harm or serious risk of harm.
Childhood Diseases and Illnesses
- Childhood Cancer
- This Battle Which I Must Fight: Cancer in Canada's Children and Teenagers
- Diagnosis and Initial Treatment of Cancer in Canadian Children 0 to 14 Years, 1995-2000
- Vaccination coverage
- Diseases and Conditions - More Diseases
- Your Child's Prescription: Important Questions to Ask
- Nobody's Perfect - An educational program for parents of children from birth to age five.
- Parenting Today's Teens: A Survey and Review of Resources
- Welcome to Parenting: The First Six Years
Children are affected by their environment whether it is the environment is physical, biological or social.
Injuries are the leading cause of death for children and youth under the age of 20.
- Athletic Mouthguards (It's Your Health)
- Children's Products
- For the Safety of Canadian Children and Youth
- Halloween Safety (It's Your Health)
- Injury Prevention
- Is your child safe?
- Safe Use of Arts and Crafts Materials (It's Your Health)
- Safe Winter Fun
- Safety with Radar - Activity Book
- Smart Summer Fun
- Mental Health - Coping with Stress (It's Your Health)
It is never too early to start looking after your child's oral health. Even before your child has their first tooth, it is important to begin good oral hygiene habits. Learn more about your child's oral health by consulting our Oral Health section.
Parenting Tips (Childhood Development)
- Child and Youth index
- Growing Healthy Canadians: A Guide for Positive Child Development
- Healthy Child Development
Our goal is to make this page as useful as possible and your comments can help.
- Date modified: