Services and information
About sodium, how much is recommended, top food sources and a quiz to test your sodium knowledge.
Read food labels, choose lower-sodium foods and limit high-sodium foods.
Limit the sodium in your food by cooking meals at home and using herbs and spices instead of salt.
How to reduce sodium when eating out, including choosing healthier menu items.
Use the Sodium Interactive Tool to find out how much sodium is in your food.
What we are doing
- Sodium Intake of Canadians in 2017 [2018-07-23]
- Infographic: A Salty Situation [2018-07-23]
- Sodium Reduction in Processed Foods in Canada: An Evaluation of Progress toward voluntary targets from 2012 to 2016
- Report of the symposium on sodium reduction in foods [2016-10-13]
- Guidance for the Food Industry on Reducing Sodium in Processed Foods [2012-06-01]
- Consultation on proposed front-of-package labelling [2018-02-10]
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: