How to access global talent
Canada’s flexible immigration system and innovative programs can help you attract and retain the right talent to fill labour shortages and bring new skills to boost your competitive edge.
Hire a permanent foreign worker
You can hire a foreign worker to fill a permanent position and support them in their application for permanent residence.
Find out more about
- the programs you can use to hire on a permanent basis
- what your responsibilities are depending on the program you choose
- how to submit a valid job offer
Hire a temporary foreign worker
Step 1: Make sure the worker knows if they need a work permit.
- If yes, apply for an LMIA through Employment and Social Development Canada.
- If no, you can hire through the International Mobility Program.
Still have questions?
Find answers to common questions about hiring foreign workers.
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- Who needs a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- How do I hire a temporary foreign worker?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: