The Employer Portal is for employers who hire temporary workers through the International Mobility Program (IMP). It lets employers submit offers of employment for temporary workers who don’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Some employers don’t need to submit an offer of employment in the Employer Portal or pay the employer compliance fee. Find out if you’re exempt.
Changes to your responsibilities as an employer
New regulations came into effect on September 26, 2022, to improve worker protections and increase awareness about workers’ rights in Canada.
Learn more about what you need to do before you create an offer of employment.
- Sign in with a GCKey user ID and password if you do not use one of the Sign-In Partners.
- Register for a GCKey user ID and password if you do not have one.
Use a Sign-In Partner
- Use the same sign-in information you use for other online services (for example, online banking).
- None of your information will be shared with IRCC. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
- You will temporarily leave Canada.ca to use your Sign-In Partner.
View the full list of Sign-In Partners.
- Affinity Credit Union
- Alberta Treasury Branches
- BMO Financial Group
- CIBC Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Desjardins Group
- National Bank of Canada
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Bank Group
Guides and resources
Access and read the following before using the Employer Portal:
- Employer Portal enrolment guide
- Employer Portal user guide Updated – September 2022
- Frequently asked questions about hiring temporary foreign workers
- Get to know your rights: Information to share with temporary foreign workers New
- Exemption from employer compliance regime (IMP)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: