Program delivery update: New designated French language testing organization and test
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
November 7, 2018
As of November 7, 2018, the Test de connaissance du français pour le Canada (TCF Canada), administered by the Centre international d’études pédagogiques (CIEP) (available in French only), is now accepted by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The program delivery instructions have been updated to include the new designation of the CIEP and the new TCF Canada French test as applicable to permanent residence applications. The equivalencies between the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (for French language testing) and the TCF Canada results have been established and included in the language test equivalency charts.
IRCC officers have been identified as account administrators, and connectivity to the CIEP’s database has been established for verification of the test results submitted by applicants.
- Designated language-testing organizations
- Language test equivalency charts
- Applications received on or after January 1, 2015, for permanent residence programs subject to Express Entry: Language test scores for persons with disabilities
- Federal skilled workers selection criteria: Adaptability
- Language requirements – Provincial nominee
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: