ARCHIVED – Enhanced Language Training Initiative: Formative Evaluation
Provincial/Territorial Representatives – Provinces/Territories without a funding agreement for ELT
This interview is being undertaken as part of the evaluation of the Enhanced Language Training (ELT) Initiative. Goss Gilroy Inc. has been hired to carry out the evaluation over the period of January to April 2007. Several methodologies are being used for the evaluation including a survey of service providers, focus groups with clients, case studies of funded projects, and interviews with CIC, provincial representatives, service providers, employers and other stakeholder representatives. It is as part of the interviews that you are being asked to participate. Please note that anything you say will be kept confidential. Your comments will not be associated to you but rather results will be aggregated and, as appropriate, reported by type of province/territory (i.e. those with settlement agreements with CIC and those without). This interview will take about 30 minutes to complete.
1. Please describe your familiarity and role with the Enhanced Language Training (ELT) Initiative.
2. In your opinion, to what extent do you believe that the ELT model is appropriate (i.e., development of materials, delivery of language training to immigrants with a focus on occupations, bridge-to-work component)?
- On what do you base your answers?
- How could it be improved?
- Does ELT offer added value to existing programs?
3. To what extent is labour market integration a challenge for immigrants? Why do you believe this?
- Is it more of a challenge in relation to particular occupations, regions/cities? Do you believe that labor market integration of immigrants is an important area for continued federal government involvement? Why or why not?
4. In your opinion, to what extent do development and delivery projects address the needs of your province?
5. Does your government have programs to support workforce integration for immigrants?
- Can you briefly describe them?
- Who delivers that program/those programs?
- How do they compare with ELT (i.e., in terms of objectives, activities, target audiences, focus on language or skills or workforce integration, cost-effectiveness)? On what do you base your answers (e.g., feedback from clients, service providers)?
- Are these service delivered by the same SPOs that are delivering ELT projects in your province?
- Are ELT services integrated or consistent with provincial programs?
6. How would you describe your partnership with CIC with respect to the ELT initiative?
7. How effective are your communications with CIC with respect to workforce integration programming?
- To what extent is information shared openly between parties? Is this information sharing timely?
8. Do you believe that language training at advanced levels (i.e., at CLB levels 7 to 10) is an important area for continued federal government involvement? Why or why not?
9. Do you have any other comments you would like to make at this time?
Thank you very much for your time!
- Date modified: